Epic Games und die Spionage usw.

BosskingSvB10

Ehrenmitglied
Themen-Ersteller
Com. Redakteur
Jun 1, 2019
Hier mal ein Zitat von Reddit/CrackWatch:

I expect that you don't get downvoted because i think your questioning is valid... but yes! There are reasons to hate it (and keep hating!):
1 - The Epic's CEO (Tim Sweeney) made it clear that he only care about other devs and studios. He don't give a s.h.i.t to the customers and look likes he is proud of it.

2 - The Epic Games like to play the "hero's role", saying that they are here to "put an end to steam's monopoly", when the truth is: They are using their money printers (Unreal Engine and Fortnite) to pay for exclusivity and so create their own monopoly! This doesn't only is hypocrisy, that now we have a fragmented PC game community (just like the console community with the "PS vs Xbox").

3 - Was proved that Epic has stolen some codes from Steam"s launcher to create their own.

4 - The Epic's Launch was already caught using spy codes on it. (And no! this isn't just a "conspiracy theory").

5 - The Epic Store is one of the worst garbage ever create! They doesn't have 10% of the features of others stores (ANY Store! Not just Steam.). They had (and have) money enough to redesign the store and make it even better than Steam, but they just keeping making promeses and more promeses about features that never came (This shows how much Tim Sweeney cares about us).

I won't speak by the other here... but I will not get this "GTA V for free" if this mean that I have to bow to Epic! Because I know that, in some way, this will come back to haunt us.

Wie seht ihr das?

• Gefällt mir!
Reactions: HirosFX

HirosFX

Ehrenmitglied
Nov 9, 2019
Hier mal ein Zitat von Reddit/CrackWatch:

I expect that you don't get downvoted because i think your questioning is valid... but yes! There are reasons to hate it (and keep hating!):
1 - The Epic's CEO (Tim Sweeney) made it clear that he only care about other devs and studios. He don't give a s.h.i.t to the customers and look likes he is proud of it.

2 - The Epic Games like to play the "hero's role", saying that they are here to "put an end to steam's monopoly", when the truth is: They are using their money printers (Unreal Engine and Fortnite) to pay for exclusivity and so create their own monopoly! This doesn't only is hypocrisy, that now we have a fragmented PC game community (just like the console community with the "PS vs Xbox").

3 - Was proved that Epic has stolen some codes from Steam"s launcher to create their own.

4 - The Epic's Launch was already caught using spy codes on it. (And no! this isn't just a "conspiracy theory").

5 - The Epic Store is one of the worst garbage ever create! They doesn't have 10% of the features of others stores (ANY Store! Not just Steam.). They had (and have) money enough to redesign the store and make it even better than Steam, but they just keeping making promeses and more promeses about features that never came (This shows how much Tim Sweeney cares about us).

I won't speak by the other here... but I will not get this "GTA V for free" if this mean that I have to bow to Epic! Because I know that, in some way, this will come back to haunt us.

Wie seht ihr das?
Wenn Epic spiele verschenkt, dann nehme ich die doch gerne.
Was ich jedoch nicht wirklich gut finde ist dass sie sich zB Metro Exodus etc. einfach erkauft haben und die ersten Monate nur in ihrem Store hatten.

Und die Epic Games Seite finde ich auch nicht sehr gut, wie Punkt 5.

Hydrablades

Ehrenmitglied
Com. Redakteur
Okt 26, 2019
Nur kurz weil ich nicht wirklich weiß worum es geht: Ist Epic Games dafür bekannt? Ich verfolge Epic Games nicht und habe (noch) kein Spiel dort gekauft, deswegen bin ich da nicht up-to-date...

Chris77

Ehrenmitglied
Jun 10, 2019
Finde den EPIC Launcher auch nicht so gut. Und die "Firmenpolitik". Aber es reicht nicht aus, das ich EPIC boykottiere oder sonstiges mache...….

• Gefällt mir!
Reactions: HirosFX

notcamora

Stammgast II
Feb 21, 2020
Ich halte auch nichts vom Epic Launcher.
Die könne noch so viele Games verschenken.
Bin generell kein Freund davon 10 verschiedene Launcher zu haben, weil jeder DEV für sein Spiel ein eigenen hat.
Ich bin seit über 10 Jahren bei Steam angemeldet und kaufe auch alles da, sofern es die Spiele zulassen.

xupack

Mitarbeiter
Nov 3, 2018
Launcher ist unübersichtlich und Schrott.
Downloadspeed ist absolut garbage, scheinbar weil der launcher während des Downloads schon installiert und der dl dadurch ausgebremst wird.
Die Firmenpolitik ist absoluter Schwachsinn und kann dem Vorwurf der Doppelmoral nur zustimmen.

Naja, ändern wird sich wohl nichts :) mehr als boykottieren kann man es nicht.